Tuesday, April 03, 2007

PJ's Birthday and a little on Voodoo



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PATRICK, He's 16 today and next thing I know he'll be driving a car!!!


My sister has recently been given a Voodoo Doll as a gift from a friend, I received one once from my son. My sister's friend and my son both knew when they were giving these dolls away that they would help to direct our intense feelings toward a particular person, in my sister's case a former Boss, in mine a former Girlfriend, toward the doll and not the actual person. In my case it was great therapy.



www.vudutuu.com

After dressing my doll up a bit and naming it I followed the directions on stabbing the doll in different ways and wishing intense stomach disorders upon "her". I tired of this rather quickly and finally positioned "her" under the leg of my couch...Each day when I entered my living room I saw "her" gut being driven into the floor and "her little arms and legs"pointing up and it made me laugh...

I needed that laugh!!


Years later I threw her into the ocean just off my porch and watched her sink..It was a beautiful summer day .

I don't think about her much anymore...except when I read the Boston Globe Obituaries...Just on the slight chance that she might make the list!!


So now my sister has one and I hope she finds a place where she can impale her doll so that it helps her to laugh and makes her feel better.

What would you do to your Voodoo Doll, if you had one?

16 comments:

Carol said...

Well now Tom, I think this one is best left to my Therapist. I can see the therapeutic value in having one of those little gems though. Is Patrick your son? Happy Birthday to him.

Kathleen... said...

I don't know.....! I tried to envision my own "EEEeee, EEEEeee, EEEEE" moment (ala Norman Bates) but couldn't. =) I've never been the really angry type...more the hole up in a Pigpen Anger Cloud type.

LOVE this entry though! I laughed at the image of the doll under the sofa...

tomshideaway said...

Carol, He's my youngest!! Thanks for your thoughts..I must admit the Voodoo Doll was the cheapest and most effective "Therapist" I ever had!

comment4u, I'll call you C4, isn't that some kinda explosive?? Glad I could make you laugh, I'm always trying to do that!!

Tisha! said...

Happy B-day to Patrick! :)

I'm pretty hot-blooded so my voodoo doll would probably be torn apart and sown back together a few times and sadly there are 2 people that the doll would represent uggggggh!

mist1 said...

I would make my Voodoo doll fix my sink.

tomshideaway said...

Mist if that doesn't work, you could always dress it up like a plumber and run it through the disposal..I mean you'll still need to get the sink fixed but the "new" plumber would probably be intimidated by the "plumber doll" all tangled up in the disposal and charge you less!

mist1 said...

I don't have a disposal. This is a fact that I just figured out. For four years, I have been dumping everything down the sink and flipping the light on and off.

tomshideaway said...

Mist1, that's too funny! (-:

Anonymous said...

A friend gave me the voodoo doll with the expectation that it would be a good outlet for the frustration of dealing with an ignorant boss! The boss wants me to be collaborative, but she is so rigid the only way to "collaborate" is to do it "her way". Not exactly working in the spirit of collaboration. Well let's all hope that she does "go bald!" hee! hee!
Bunny

tomshideaway said...

To Baldness.. as Captain Picard would say..."Make it so!"

eastcoastlife said...

Oooo Tom, wicked! wicked!

But I would do the same thing too! I have a few people who need to be cursed. I would stick pins in the vital organs and curse them to die the most horrible deaths. hehe....

tomshideaway said...

EastCoast, your on the Voodoo Torture Team!!

Rain said...

Happy birthday to Patrick!

Why couldn't someone send me a Voodoo Doll ten years ago? I would have saved thousands of dollars in therapy. =)

Great post, thanks for the **giggles**

(S)wine said...

i'd use it.

tomshideaway said...

Rain, I'm making a doll for you right now..(-:

LX, The scary thing is we'd let you use it!!

tomshideaway said...

Tisha, My sis just pasted 2 pics on the face of her voodoo doll and it's working for her!!