Friday, September 05, 2008

I hope it's not too late !!



I was in Maine recently and I passed by this sign...

Now I know that what's left of the Tropical Storm/ Hurricane Hanna is on the way up the Eastern Seaboard this weekend but I don't think it's going to be so bad that I'll need an Ark.

Clearly though, people in Maine, believe that it's time to prepare. And since this is the first time I have seen Ark Classes advertised anywhere, EVER, maybe it's time to sign up !!

The thing is I don't want to go all Noah and have to round up 2 of every animal. I mean think of how picky you would have to be when it comes to dogs...

You can only bring 2,

Which kind?

We have a dachshund and I can't leave her behind.

But what about all the other dogs?
The Westminster Dog Show has nearly 200 breeds of dogs in there show alone !! I certainly don't want to be trapped on an Ark with 400 dogs !!

Think of the POOP!

No, NOT ON MY ARK!!

I'll make space for the family and of course I think it would be necessary to bring 2 of each type of female, I am after all single and of course many of my nephews are too. They would be allowed to bring there girlfriends of course but for those of us that are , unattached, well I have to think of them, er of Me anyway!

So 2 Blondes, 2 Brunettes....

As far as animals go....I won't be packing up the rats up or the skunks??

Who needs em!!??

I think I'll concentrate on people and supplies.

Chocolate...Lots of it.

Batteries and a couple windmills.

Some solar panels

I certainly want to put a Sail on the Ark, I mean if the BIG FLOOD is coming it will be hard to keep getting fuel in the future.

A compass!!

Vodka!!

Well if you can help me with some ideas of what to bring, maybe I'll come by and pick you up in my Ark, when the time comes, you may want to take a Raft building course as it may take some time to get to you.

Or build your own Ark !! We could have an Ark Club, kinda like a Yacht Club except on a grander scale.

Really how could you pack enough chocolate on ONE ARK ?

19 comments:

Attila the Mom said...

Hehehehe. Too funny! I'd just bring Fabio. The rest of you can swim.

Kath Lockett said...

I like your thinking Tom. Dog, yes. Chocolate, yes.

...gotta say though, the proprietors aren't exactly 'the glass is half full' kinda people, are they?

tomshideaway said...

Attila...Fabio ??

Kath you definitely are on the Ark

Anonymous said...

Tom - will you be picking up any politicians for the ark?

tomshideaway said...

Annie...Absolutely NOT !!

I Am Woody said...

Tequila, margarita mix, ice, blender - sounds pretty complete to me!

tomshideaway said...

Incredible-W Yes!! Kicking back on the deck with some Ice Cold Margarita's..Good Thinking!!

Anonymous said...

Make that a solar powered blender! The ice might be tricker...we may need to detour to the Arctic before it all melts... We should probably pack up some fishing rods, seeds [tomatoes, peppers, beans, etc], planter boxes and a barbeque and some utensils!!! Of course we will have lots of chocolate for dessert!

tomshideaway said...

We will be bringing "The Bunny" for sure!!

Anonymous said...

i want a single room with a bay window for all my plants, then a bookshelf for books and booze, microwave for food, fridge with auto ice maker, can i leave people i dont like behind? music and computer with wireless connection. do not bring cockroaches, or any bugs or rodents. where do elephants go? how polar bears they might need temperature adjustments. and a gigantic pooper scooper and hired help to take of it.
dont forget ear plugs. vicki

tomshideaway said...

Vicki, I think ear plugs are a great idea !!

Anonymous said...

Have made 3 attempts to post a comment.....must be doing something wrong!!! Make sure there's enough chocolate on board or we'll have to ditch the elephants.

Anonymous said...

lets see.. there is no way that i could leave my dogs behind! andd i would need a constant supply of uncle tom's famous macaroni and cheese for sure.. also a computer soo i can play trivia daily.. and it would be a luxury but i would also like one copy of every book ann rule has written!

Anonymous said...

First things first. CHEESE man, CHEESE. Gotta have it. Some toasters.
Some sort of televisions, no one cares about TV!? I guess ann rule books to keep the girl at bay, some febreze for the overwhelming scent of caged animals. Toms Trivia Challenge(C) is also necessary as is rum, cerveza, and tall glasses. That should hold us over for a while, or at least we could all be full of rum and chesse and forget that we were all living on a giant wooden boat captained by UT/TOM.

tomshideaway said...

Dave, Jackie ... CHEESE is almost as important as Chocolate !!

Rain said...

Hi Tom :)

I think I would want some matches or lighters for a fire. Hand tools, blankets and plently of fruit/seeds to prevent scurvy. Also a complete medicine chest is a must! A barrel of oil for the lanterns and lots of buckets in case you take on water. A spyglass, an anchor and maps. ;)

tomshideaway said...

Rain...I think we're going to have to put you in charge of supplies...a little practical thinking could keep us afloat a lot longer!!

choochoo said...

Pooch would be going, obviously.

tomshideaway said...

Choochoo... Absolutely...we'll need you as well, I am sure pooch would insist on it!