1. I was of jumping up on the Elliptical Machine and burning off 800+ calories in a sweaty 45 minute workout.
2. Taking multi vitamins and having a low sodium vegetable juice followed by a bowl of plain shredded wheat and low fat milk.
3. Making sandwich wraps for lunch at work filled with lettuce, onions and a scant slice of 99% Fat Free Turkey
4. I was losing weight and against all odds quitting the cigarette habit all at the same time !!
BACK TO REALITY:
While I have slipped with the cigarettes a couple times, I have gone nearly a week again without those awful things but the calories have made a comeback and the Elliptical may need to be dusted off.
I found that calories come in a lot of exciting shapes and sizes !
- Chocolate Ice Cream topped with toasted coconut and walnuts !
- Grey Goose Dirty Martinis with a side of sliders served at an Oceanside bistro
- Key Lime Pie
- 5 Guys Burgers and Fries
- Sam Adams Summer Beer served in 22oz frosty glass
- Pot Roast with mashed potatoes and GRAVY
- Egg sandwiches grilled on Scali Bread with CHEESE
- 3 Egg Omeletes with everything and a side of BACON
So I figure that what I need to do is fight one demon at a time !! While I did feel guilty, more like a guilty pleasure really, after eating a 5 Guys Hamburger and Fries which I followed up by eating a Bacon Cheese HOT DOG too. Yes food is a DEMON, the smell the taste but cigarettes are worse because they really don't have any added benefits...So...
I walked home about 3 miles yesterday after work hoping to reduce some of those calories as I knew I was headed to a family dinner of Pot Roast, mashed potatoes and GRAVY!!
I am going to stay away from cigarettes and slowly work on the diet..One thing at a time!!
Martinis are sooooo GOOD!