Friday, July 06, 2012

Tall Ships Boston-Editing In Picasa

Picasa is a free google app that has decent editing tools and offers free "limited" online storage. Recently I used it to edit the following picture I took on a boat ride on Boston Harbor on July 3rd 2012. 
The Roseway - St. Croix was built in 1925 in Essex, MA as a private fishing yacht, she was later purchased in 1941 and was honored for her service during World War II.
 This was the original shot I took of the ship as it sailed  by Logan Airport
I wanted to make the setting for the ship look older so I removed the crane and the plane from the background using the Touch Up Tool , converted the photo to "Cinemascope" and then used Focal Black and white leaving only color on the Flag.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job looks very retro.

Mary Alice