Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Over, Goodbye..ADIOS my friend....

If you ever were my friend is the question. I have had it with you and I plan to keep a safe distance from now on...

I am sure I will see you around from time to time. You can come over for dinner, family parties...JUST don't sit next to me.....because even though I reallly like you, I know deep down. You are just no good for me.

Sure you try to slip in to my world in so many different forms...Bread, Sweeter Muffins, Potato Chips, Crackers all those "healthy snacks" you try to pawn off on me..

I'm done with baked goods and junk food because you are all just filled with carbs I don't need..

After kicking the smoking habit now for 20 days, leaving bread and all your relatives behind has helped me lose 12 pounds in the past few weeks.

Sure I have been somewhat consumed with my Primal Diet but I don't miss all those yummy baked goods one bit...

Cause they make you FAT!

4 comments:

unowho said...

There are other "enemies" out there--Corona, Bud, etc., etc.

Gailsie said...

Oh WOW!!!!!...I was just munching on some crispy chips, along with my cheeseburger smoothered with fried onions and peppers as I read your words...and darn, darn, darn, now I am feeling so guilty I have wrapped everything in tinfoil, put in freezer, until the day you write and say maybe that you "slipped". Then my burger and chips will reappear from deep-freeze and the guilt will evaporate!!!!!!!!!!!.....this 80 calorie vanilla vogurt just isn't doing it!!!!!

Kath Lockett said...

Wow - closure!

.....I can't do that to my old friend chocolate though. Not yet....

Tatyanna (and Dorian too) said...

thanks for your email about this diet. i'm still ... stalling i guess? but i know i have to make that change, as michael jackson would say :) one thing i know for sure just from trial and error is that when i cut out most or all carbs, i completely FEEL better. it might be an individual blood sugar thing, but if i eat a meal with lots of em, i am instantly headachey and fatigued. that's just for starters. all the other benefits are icing on the cake!! not sure whether i'll go completely primal, but i like the idea!! proud of ya too :)